In recent years, UK staycations have become increasingly popular amongst families. With the COVID-19 pandemic causing international travel to become difficult and uncertain, many families are opting to explore the beauty of their own country. But aside from being a practical solution during the pandemic, there are plenty of reasons why staycations are a great idea for families. Let’s consider a few of these reasons as well as some suggestions for families.
Firstly, UK staycations can be much more affordable than travelling abroad. With no need for flights, visas, and currency exchange, the costs of a family holiday in the UK can be significantly lower. Furthermore, there are plenty of options for accommodation, from camping and caravanning to self-catering cottages and luxury hotels, catering for a range of budgets.
Seeing the Sights
Aside from the financial benefits, staycations can also be a great way to explore the diversity of the UK’s landscape and culture. From the rugged coastlines of Cornwall to the rolling hills of the Lake District, there is something for everyone. Plus, with such a rich history and cultural heritage, there are plenty of fascinating landmarks and attractions to visit, from ancient castles and cathedrals to modern museums and theme parks.
So Much to See and Do
But what really sets UK staycations apart is the sense of adventure and freedom that they offer families. Whether you’re exploring a new city or discovering the great outdoors, there’s nothing quite like the feeling of exploring somewhere new and exciting as a family. Plus, with so much to see and do, there’s always something to keep even the most active children entertained.
So, if you’re thinking about planning a UK staycation for your family, here are some top tips to make the most of your holiday:
- Plan ahead – While part of the fun of a staycation is the sense of spontaneity, it’s important to do some research and planning in advance. This will ensure that you make the most of your time away and don’t miss out on any must-see attractions or experiences. Make bookings through experienced experts, such as Manor & Ashbury Resorts.
- Get outdoors – One of the great things about the UK is its stunning natural scenery. So, make sure to pack your walking boots and explore some of the country’s stunning countryside, whether that’s the rugged coastline of Devon or the dramatic hills of Scotland.
- Embrace local culture – From traditional pubs and local markets to historic landmarks and cultural festivals, there’s plenty of ways to immerse yourself in the local culture during your staycation. So, why not try some traditional food, learn about the local history, or attend a local event?
- Mix it up – While it’s important to have a rough itinerary for your staycation, don’t be afraid to mix things up and try something new. Whether that’s taking a spontaneous detour or trying a new activity, the key is to keep things fresh and exciting.
- Relax and have fun – Finally, don’t forget that the most important thing about a family holiday is to relax and have fun. Whether you’re spending time on the beach, enjoying a picnic in the park, or simply spending time together as a family, the memories you make will last a lifetime.
UK Staycations for the Win
In conclusion, UK staycations are a great idea for families, offering affordability, diversity, and adventure. With so much to see and do, it’s no wonder that more and more families are choosing to explore the beauty of their own country. So, why not plan your own UK staycation and discover the joys of exploring the UK as a family?